tiistai 3. toukokuuta 2011

Just another update. Be cool.

As you might've noticed before I deleted most of my old updates, I have taken a liking to making one in the beginning of each month, to tell you what will be going on for the next few weeks.

The (first...?) Star Wars marathon is four reviews away from its end. Can't say I'm going to miss the sound of a lightsaber for a while after I'm done with the biggest marathon yet. However, there is one thing that has constantly been fun about the Star Wars marathon, from the beginning to this very moment; the games are so different, in both gameplay and quality. I would bore myself to death if all the games were total horse shit. In turn, I would also bore myself to death with writing about tens of top-of-the-heap games in succession. I would run out of praises in no time, and lose my edge in really stomping a game to the ground. And thus, I got the idea for the next marathon, which goes by the enigmatic working title "Life After Star Wars".

Mark Hamill, tell us about life after
Star Wars.
Before the next marathon, I'm going to review a game which I have wanted to review for the longest time, ever since its release actually. I've got to finally get it out of my system, and I think it's going to be another one of those reviews which almost count as short stories, like most Final Fantasies, Red Dead Redemption, WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain and Dragon Age: Origins before it. It's not necessarily a top-quality game, just one I have a LOT to say about. I pretty much have the whole review in my head already, so I think it'll be done real quick, though.

This next marathon will outdo even the strangest twists in Star Wars when it comes to general diversity, differences between games and their ratings. It will also be bigger. I haven't nailed down an exact number of games just yet - THE LIST doesn't help in this situation a whole lot, since we're not talking about a single franchise, we're talking about something a bit more institutional. I'm going to compile a list of the games for myself in just a few minutes, while I'll let you have a rough estimated number of 30. That's right, 30 freakin' games. Might be even more, I have never been too good with estimations.

That's enough of jumping ahead, me and you still have four Star Wars games to go before the next marathon, and the one game I subtly referenced. Hope you've had an excellent May thus far, and may it remain excellent to the end.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti