sunnuntai 1. joulukuuta 2013

Marvellous December

I've spent most of the last month preparing for one of the most exciting and important nights of my life. Last night was furious; I succeeded in conquering one of my greatest fears, and at the same time one of my greatest ambitions since I was seven years old. I took the stage with Devastracktor, a local metal band I've genuinely liked for a few years, and this was like my baptism of fire since I was unofficially called in as their new lead vocalist back in April, following the friendly departure of their previous one. The gig went extremely well, a lot of my best friends including my girl were there to back me up, and I was well received by old fans as well, and most importantly, the band was satisfied with my performance. I also had the privilege of sharing the stage with my predecessor Jaakko during our "greatest hit" "Poser Disposer". It was simply awesome, every second of it. I'm going to remember last night for a long time, no matter how drunk I was by the end of it. I might post some pics later.

Still plenty to go.
Anyway, that's what I've been doing. Studying the art of thrash metal. Luckily I've been able to squeeze in a few game reviews and the way I see it, there's nothing standing in the way of the continuation of the Marvel marathon. Like I said earlier, it's not a direct continuation, it's a reboot, since there are a few games left over from previously handled Marvel franchises.

At the same time, I'm taking on Final Fantasy - as a long-anticipated whole; Lost Odyssey was kind of a warm-up for that. This week, I'm ordering a copy of Final Fantasy III for the NES from Timewalk, and when that one arrives, I will finally be the proud owner of every single main series game with the exception of the remade XIV. There are Final Fantasy games which I haven't reviewed yet, and this background marathon of mine includes other games besides the main series, so don't be surprised if you're going to see flashes of Final Fantasy in the midst of the Marvel marathon. Right now, the plan is to finish every Final Fantasy game which I have never finished before, and exclude the few games which I have... but I'm not sure if I can resist a round of Final Fantasy X, 'cause it's been a while. Maybe I'll wait for the HD version, I'm sure it'll be a blast.

The most important thing is, that doing Collection 2013 starts NOW. This summary of the ~70 games I've bought this year (considering today's date, that makes six games per month!) is going to be one gigantic article, once again split into several parts for an easier and lighter read. I was supposed to publish the Collection on Christmas or a little before Christmas, but now I think I'm going to wait right 'til the final day of the year before letting it out, and think of something else for a Christmas special.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti