maanantai 24. joulukuuta 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Vol. 2: The Reprisal

I just couldn't resist a Christmas Eve update, so MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! Looked like it wasn't going to be that merry for me, since I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday. We exchanged presents anyway, and we will hopefully remain friends since we both acknowledged the problems we were having, so I guess it's better this way. I was pretty bummed out about the whole thing last night and this morning, so I almost skipped Christmas. I'm glad I didn't; I went to my sister's place, had a good meal and some presents with great emotional value (she's good with those), got a very professionally shot photograph of my godson to grace my living room shelf as well as some yummy alcohol from my best friend, solved my differences with my (now ex-)girlfriend, and the last - and least in this context - I got an NES.

Hooking the NES up to a LED TV is
not only wrong by the code of retro
fanatics, it's also quite tricky. Yet, I
managed, with minimal resources and
imagination.
I had no idea she had went as far as to buy me a total of 13 games - I'm going to have my hands full with the last chapter of Collection 2012. Or not really, since I know most of these games. Even got some U.S. cartridges, since it appears the NES has been modded. It's in mint shape, save for a couple of cracks in the corners, and so are the games, apart from some wrinkled labels. Me as a person might not feel 100% happy right now, but me as a gamer feels happier than that. Even if some of the games are real shoddy - but there are treasures as well, like Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos, in its original, one and only U.S. form. I'm not aware of the system Salla figured out to buy these particular games; either she actually paid attention to what I was doing at GameStop (or checked out my "Like" lists on Facebook), or it's one damn cool coincidence that I just bought Ninja Gaiden II for the Xbox 360 and then got this one. Either way, I love that girl to bits. It's a shame our journey together had to come to a head like this. I hope she enjoys all the things I bought for her as much as I'm enjoying this "one" thing, and all the best for her.

Overall, it's been a nice Christmas despite its tearful start, and I will surely enjoy my few days off before returning to work to sell fireworks for New Year's Eve - yeah, I have an official permit for that, how official! The gigantic Collection 2012 blog entry will soon be up as a Christmas special (maybe something else as well), and after that, it's time to get physical with all the throwbacks I've got listed on my desktop. Yeowzah!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti