keskiviikko 28. joulukuuta 2011

Aren't folk quick to forget.

I've been known to back out on my words a lot, but this takes the cake for me. How long ago did I start writing about my collection again? Six days? Less than a week? In the last two days, it has grown by four full games and one pre-ordered bundle of epicness. I'm out of control. You see, I went to GameStop to get a hard drive for my Xbox 360 Slim, and that only, but left with an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 and a pre-order receit for Mass Effect 3 - N7 Collector's Edition to go with my 320 Gb object of desire. I'M OUT OF CONTROL! In addition, I got Castlevania: Harmony of Despair yesterday. Don't know why, just felt like playing some old school Castlevania game - that's really not an old school Castlevania game. I have weird desires every now and then. I struggle to be normal, I really do.

The rest of the reviews I originally planned to get out of my system this month will probably get moved to early January, since I have a lot of work right now, and much less during the first few weeks of the year. In addition, I'm still in the process of replaying some choice games, including these "new" ones which I already reviewed some time ago.

In general, the year 2012 is looking less active than this soon ending one when it comes to the quantity of reviews, but I'll try my best to make those reviews count by terms of quality. What this means, in practice, is that there are going to be less lengthy marathons like the Star Wars, Disney and Mario marathons I did earlier this year, and the pace will be cut down to an average of two or three reviews per week. I'm in a different place in a whole lot of ways than I was when I started this blog - I still have the obsession for video games I always did (you don't say...?), but I have to face reality. It's not that I don't have a real, social life, but trying to maintain a balance between that life, my "virtual life" and this blog is extremely tiring. Also, since I don't get paid for this, and you readers are quite a compact bunch of fine people, my own desire to rant about games is just about the only thing keeping the blog going - thank Jeebs I have a lot of that. I tell you, if I'd keep up the pace I had in the beginning of the year for just the next couple of months, I would probably die. A part of the reason why I decided to review the remains of my collection next year is that (most of) the games are already familiar to me, and I don't need to do a whole lot of extensive research on them - so I can practically take a break from playing and just rant away.

After all this, I think 2012 is going to be a good and interesting year in the world of video games, and I'll try to make it good and interesting at my end, as well. I think I'll be seein' ya before the clock strikes twelve for the last time in 2011, so I'll not wish you a happy New Year just yet.

1 kommentti:

  1. I'm always a bit out of control with game sales at the end of the year - especially on GOG when they go 50% off. I told myself this year that I would only spend $20 USD, and before it was all said and done I had spent almost $60USD. It looks like I might be covering some old P&C adventure games in the future.

    VastaaPoista