maanantai 16. tammikuuta 2012

Details on what's to come

Kasumi's coming to
get ya.
The last week has been one hell of a rollercoaster for me. Haven't had much time to play or write, but now things look a bit more settled and I'll be getting back to business soon enough. My game collection keeps growing almost every day - I've been scooping up arcade classics from the Xbox LIVE Arcade, and my best friend has promised to stop by later today and leave a bunch of games for me to analyze and measure for the purpose of eventual purchase. I even broke my principle of getting games of a certain franchise for a certain platform - for example, I'm getting Skyrim for the Xbox 360 because I have Oblivion on the Xbox 360 - by purchasing Trine 2 for the Xbox 360 instead of the PlayStation 3, on which I have the first game. I've been waiting for the game a long time, and the PlayStation 3 version's European release date is still not out in the open. I got tired of waiting.

So, you probably already know what's coming next, and that's the logical choice of a Mass Effect 2 DLC Guide. I'm about halfway through it. There's maybe one more "DLC Guide" coming before I move on to "real" reviews, the first ones of the year and the first ones altogether since the massive Fallout 3 review last month. My decision still stands, I have a perfect vision of what I'll be reviewing first. Other reviews which you'll be seeing in the next six months relate to my video game collection, as it was by the end of last year, as I also promised before. Mass Effect 3 will be thoroughly reviewed in March, or April, if the game turns out surprisingly lengthy - I'm pretty sure BioWare won't break the 40-hour tradition, though. Anyway, let it be known right now that I'll review that game as close to its release date as possible.

Some apparently misinterpreted one of my previous entries - I said that I won't do any lengthy marathons this year, I've put a ban on them for now, but that doesn't mean I won't take on single franchises just as always. It just means, for example, that there'll be no Warner marathon (which I've been asked about ever since the Disney marathon), or anything that resembles a Monster Mash - however, Halloween's different. On Halloween week, I'll probably take on yet another Mini-Mash, but that's still a long way off. The subject of the next few games will be a franchise, a quite huge one at that, and I have a few franchises in mind that I'd be glad to take on in the coming months.

Also, taking care of loose ends will continue at some point, perhaps sooner than I myself think. There are still plenty of franchises just waiting for closure; Mega Man has been in line the longest. We'll just have to see when I'll find the time to shift back to retro. From more recent games, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is certainly going to be reviewed as soon as possible. A review of the game was supposed to coincide with my first "anniversary" with the Assassin's Creed series, but I still haven't gotten my hands on it. That's quite OK, since I probably wouldn't have found the time to play it anyway.

For now, those who are interested, stick around for the Mass Effect 2 DLC Guide, which is going to be the biggest DLC Guide thus far. If my calculations are correct, I should be done with it before the end of the week.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti