tiistai 11. marraskuuta 2014

Brushing off the October rust and dust...

A couple of weeks ago I did a little rant on my back problems and gathered I would be done with them in a few days, but obviously that wasn't the case and Halloween went to the shitter as far as the blog's concerned. Well, time to look forward, and I've got a few bits of good news. First, and foremost from all views concerned, I'm healthy again, and I'm ready to start whipping it. Of course Halloween came and went, so the Monster Mash might not have as much meaning now, but it will continue right up 'til the planned end.

I'll have to put it on hold for a few weeks though, 'cause as you know, as far as new releases go - the kind of releases I simply MUST review as quickly as possible - the rest of November is just crazy. Unforgiving, and insane. Tomorrow night I will head to GameStop to pick up my copies of both Assassin's Creed: Rogue and Assassin's Creed: Unity from the midnight launch. Whether or not you've read the first reviews of either one of these games, one thing's for certain: we're in for a long trip with these two games on this blog. Originally, I didn't have much faith in either one of the games; Rogue is like a last hurrah for the systems that spawned the franchise, and while it might've been a noble idea from Ubisoft, they were not expected to really put their hearts into it. Well, apparently they did - Rogue is described as a full-fledged Assassin's Creed experience with a great plot. Extremely similar to Black Flag, yes (well, how could it be much different?), but a good play nevertheless.

Let's leave it at that for now - Rogue is, of course, first on the list of reviews, 'cause Unity is THE product, another rebirth of the Assassin's Creed franchise, possibly the first part in a new sub-series. Now with this game, I originally had two huge gripes; the plot setting, and the focus on co-operative play. These last few days have brought a lot more information to the table than I expected to hear from the game before actually playing it, and I'm starting to feel like Unity could be an excellent game after all. Sure, the ratings have been great, but that doesn't affect me in this game's case at all. What does is the written content of the reviews. But, let's leave that too, all for the gigantic review coming up, hopefully and most likely as early as next week - depending on how big of a slice Rogue cuts off my spare time. Well, either way, at least one of these games will be reviewed very soon.

In a bit of a surprise moment, I woke up this morning and checked my phone if there were any official reviews of either one of the Creeds online - sure there were, but what caught my attention was the flurry of reviews already online regarding Dragon Age: Inquisition, with the game's North American release still a week off. I'm surprised EA didn't force an embargo on the game, and why should've they, since apparently the game is fucking excellent!? I've read professional reviews stating the game's length to surpass both previous Dragon Age games combined (!!), and solid comparisons to Dragon Age: Origins and moreover, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Finally, LittleBigPlanet 3 is coming up in the end of the month.

Regardless which game you're most waiting for, the rest of this month will be pure heaven, or hell. Or both. I have four games to get prepared for, so if you'll excuse me. I'll get to these subjects as soon as I can.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti